In the last two weeks become brave enough to finally let go even of some relationships even though the loop inside my head that was yelling things like: Scary! Security! What if (blank) happens?What if you fail? And the scariest of all: you’ll be ALONE!
I jokingly say I’m a girl who can’t say no. I want to do everything and end up over committing which leaves me tired and frustrated. Last weekend all of my plans fell through and I spent the weekend at home resting, reading and getting clear I what I really wanted for the rest if the summer.
The list was surprisingly simple:
- more connection with my circle
- read a book a week, bonus for reading in the pool after work
- have friends over to the pool after work
- resume taco Thursday with my neighbor
- create illustrated journal pages
- practice yoga 3-5 times a week
- walk at least 2,000 steps with my dogs every morning
- take off every Friday afternoon to paddle board
- Make dates to have friends to paddle board with me.
Next I made the choices of what I had to let go. I have been letting go all year, it must be my cosmic theme for the year, but some things were lingering. I sucked it up and did a couple of hard things. I also said no to some invitations that did not match my list. This is different as usually I’m as yes to pretty much every offer.
I am happy to say that in the last week I have done or made plans to align with my list. I feel rested. My dogs are happier. And I have lots of time scheduled with the people I want to spend time with doing the things I want to do.
One thought on “Letting go is scary”
This sounds like a brilliant summer plan – letting go is always hard but will help you find you again )
LikeLiked by 1 person