When I was in school I lived for summer. Summer represented a time of freedom and adventure when the prospect of love was around the corner and the chance to reinvent myself before school started in the fall seemed possible.
As an adult I still have a sense of excitement for summer, but I miss the freedom of long, unstructured days. As temperatures start to rise, I ask myself, “What am I hungry for this summer?”
This year’s list looks like this:
- Peach and tomato salad
- Sunsets and/or lazy afternoons in the lake coves on my paddle board
- Patio dining with friends
- Practicing yoga outside
- Friday evening in the pool with magazines and Rosé
- Cantaloupe so sweet that the first bite hurts
- Front porch sitting
- The Asheville Yoga festival with my tribe
- My weekly CSA
- Container Gardening
- Going to the park with the pups for a picnic (dinner in a Kong for them)
- The huge family July 4th party
What are you hungry for this summer? Is it a taste of something? An adventure? A relationship?